Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Excel 2003 on windows XP works, but not on windows 2003 server

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 30 September 2009]

my acuCOBOL code which use activeX EXCEL testing with Excel 2003 on windows XP works, but it does not work on windows 2003 server.

I could see "EXCEL.EXE" in the task manager, but the CPU is zeros, "EXCEL.exe" is dead.

Did anyone ever meet same problem?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Excel 2003 on windows XP works, but not on windows 2003 server

Our application that uses Excel works fin on Windows 2003 server. Are you getting any exceptions? What version of Excel?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ERROR-INFO = ?
?; ERR-SOURCE = Microsoft Office Excel                                                                              ; ERR-DESCRIPTION = The file could not be accessed. Try one of the following:
? Make sure the specified folder exists.
? Make sure the folder that contains the file is not read-only.
? Make sure the file name does not contain any of the following characters:    ?  [  ]  :  | or  *
? Make sure the file/path name doesn't contain more than 218 characters.     

I don't know how to catch or say dispaly the ERROR-INFO-CODE. so I just write it to a PIC 999999. variable and print it out.

But the rest text exception message I can get.

It shows me the Excel file could not be accessed..

I know this exception is due to the fail of the follwoing code:

072909     MODIFY EX-WORKBOOK @SaveAs(         
072909         BY NAME @Filename WKBK-NAME,
072909         BY NAME @FileFormat @xlNormal,
072909         BY NAME @Password NULL,
072909         BY NAME @WriteResPassword NULL,
072909         BY NAME @ReadOnlyRecommended 0,
072909         BY NAME @CreateBackup 0
072909         BY NAME @AccessMode @xlNoChange).

My code run under apache webserver.
and the file will be saved to "g:/abc_def/myfile/data/" directory.

I ever run same code in COMMAD mode, it works without any problem.

Not sure, whether apache does not like my directory structure or sth else.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It is likely that the account invoked when the command comes out of Apache does not have sufficient permissions. You may need to configure the Apache service to run as a specific account rather than the default 'Local System Account'. To do that right-click on the service in the Windows Services dialog, select 'Properties', then click on the 'Log On' tab.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.