Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Excel

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 04 May 2005]

I get an error saying : 'Cobol datatype does not match object datatype'. I'm reading a file and updating a grid with usage handle of variant.

01 DATA-TABLE.
05 FILLER OCCURS 1000.
07 TABLE-ITEM USAGE HANDLE OF VARIANT OCCURS 5.

1. What does this error means ?
2. Does any cell in the variant grid has to be filled in with data ?
If yes, can we move spaces to a cell or what to do if that cell has to be left alone with no data filled in ?
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Excel

I presume what you want to pass is a SafeArray item. This is not quite what you have defined.

I have elsewhere in this forum posted an example of using SafeArray, see if you can find it. If not, post again and I will look up an example here.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.