Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] External file handler

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 16 March 2010]

Has anyone out there ever used the I$IO file handler.

I have done a bit reading on the I$IO function within Acucobol GT, and before moving forward to hopefully read a Microfocus ISAM file to bring data directly into a Acucorp vision file I was wondering if anyone has tried to accomplish out in the field with any success.

This would be a process that would need to carried out on a daily basis, so, rather use the Vutil32 or export the file to text and re-import the data to a vision file I thought this could be another alternative.

Thank you for your response ahead of time.

Alex Albergo
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] External file handler

We've used I$IO for years in various capacities with no issues. We've never tried your specific scenario, though.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for your response, was it complicated to use, and did you work with microfocus isam files ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I$IO won't work with Micro Focus ISAM files. Vision files yes - files created by Server Express or Net Express no.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

JonOn;
Thanks for your response, this answers my question. Much appreciated
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.