Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Faxing using Microsoft Fax Server

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 22 April 2004]

I'm using Win2000 fax service and have a fax 'printer' set up in the Printers folder. I am able to accomplish single fax submissions with an entry in my cobol config file that points to this fax 'printer'. This prompts the user with the faxing dialog box, which is great for single document fax transmissions. BUT, I also need to be able to create a batch style cobol program that will fax out invoices to the appropriate fax numbers found in a customer (Vision) file and not prompt the user with the fax dialog box.

Any clues would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Faxing using Microsoft Fax Server

I am sorry I don't have the time currently to provide you with some straight forward ACUCOBOL-GT code. But this task should be fairly simple and straight forward.
If you are somewhat comfortable with the VB syntax, here is Microsofts own documentation on this:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fax/faxlegacyvb_9tb3.asp

If you succeed, please share with us others, if you run into problems, come along and we will look at it together.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Faxing using Microsoft Fax Server

Does anyone have any current info on this topic? The Microsoft page link in the previous post no longer exists. Thank you.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.