Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] FileError 9D,104 & 30,xx

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 03 August 2005]

Greeting,

we have some strange problems with some of our installations.
And all file-errors are nearly needless. They dont say anything about the problems or are only universal error-codes.

Can anyone help me figuring out what these code want to tell me:

9D,104 (Internal Error by the host. The 104 should be the host system's error value. But where to find the description of the error number 104 on a windows host? Is there a listing?)

30,xx (permanent error. Not otherwise described. Where to find the solution of these codes? What happend?)

These errors are not reproducible by clicking or doing something special. They occur after a few minutes (sometime hours) in different programs .. while doing different things.

So they are not really findable by searching the code.

I would be glad to hear any suggestion. I dont know where to start the search.

Thanks.

Edit: And sometimes we get "deadlock in messaging system". Maybe someone has also an idea for this?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] FileError 9D,104 & 30,xx

9D,104 is an error returned by AcuServer -
PC/TCP resident kernel is not loaded, or the communication stream between the client and the server was interrupted.

If you are using AcuServer you might want to use fully qualified machine names my-server.my-domain.com

Another thing that you could try is to use the AcuServer configuration variable DEFAULT_TIMEOUT. The documentation says that some networks do not have long connections times and depending on the network load, the default value of this variable man not be long enough to allow the application to connect.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] FileError 9D,104 & 30,xx

If the errors are occurring on a Unix host, then the easiest way to find out what the 'xx' means of the '30,xx' error is to look for a file called 'errno.h' under the '/usr/include' or /usr/include/sys' subdirectory. Depending on the Unix, the descriptions of the error numbers could be quite cryptic. Post them here if you are not sure. What was the 'xx', by the way?

When we have had 9D,104 errors in the past they are usually because of one of the following reasons:
1) Acuserver has not been started on the remote host
2) Acuserver has crashed on the remote host
3) The socket connection between the client and the remote host has been terminated by a third party (usually the operating system)

That last one has only started occurring since Acu changed the AcuServer communications from RPC calls to their own proprietary socket connections. This was done in version 5.0.

Since then the client/acuserver connections 'linger' even after the last file is closed.

If your application is running for a long time and there are long periods of inactivity, we've found that the operating system (particularily Solaris) chops the socket connection off at the knees after it has assumed that the connection is 'defunct'.

Any further attempt to communicate using that client/acuserver connection returns a 9D,104 error.

Unfortunately when you get these errors, they only way to fix them is to stop and re-start the application.

This is why Acu added the 'C$DISCONNECT' library routine to version 6.0 so that the socket connection could be reset without stopping the runtime.

NOTE: Don't be confused by the error description in the log for the 9D,104 which states 'invalid FILE_PREFIX'. That's a red-herring.

Also, I have noticed the 9D,104 error come up after an application had been running for over a week. I strongly suspect some sort of memory leak, but we have not been able to reproduce this consistently to be able to report it.

Hope this helps.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.