Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Floating Window Flashing on create

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 23 February 2006]

When my app creates a floating window in a call program the window flashes as if it is trying to create the controls and fails, retries, fails, retires, etc. I have managed to stop it flashing by invoking another application window on top of the Acu-app window. On return to Acu-app the floating window is created correctly. I am unable to recreate this probelm at will. It happens unexpectedly. Todate it has happened on 2 floating windows that uses Acu-Tab control.

We have been using these floating windows for a number of years without any problems. Recently we added a third party date activex control placing it inside a tab. The date activex control is used several times on the same tab. Every instance of the activex has been assigned a unique Resource Tag and we have ensured that the activex resource is destroyed on exit of the floating window, in our case exit of the program.

Anyone got any ideas would be much appreciated. We use Acubench & RT 6.1.0. The date Activex is Farpoint Input Pro v3.

SR
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Floating Window Flashing on create

This may not have anything to do with it, but we had some similar issues when placing a controls on top of tab controls. I think the problem had to do with whether the controls and tab control was permanent or temporary...

We resolved the problem by making the tab control really short. So, in essence we only show the tab portion of the control. It's about 1.5 lines tall or something like that. This avoided having other controls on top of it...

Anyways, this may not have anything to do with your problem, but thought I'd mention our past experience.

Rob
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Floating Window Flashing on create

Thanks Rob. Our controls are set within a Tab and works fine once the window is initialized and painted correctly.
SR
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.