Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Floating window

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 01 March 2005]

Strange behavior,

I have a floating window over another window and pressing Esc-key doesn't destroy my form.

If I follow the debugger, everything seems normal but still, my form isn't destroyed. I even made a new program and just copied the event-procedures but the effect remains the same.

What could be wrong ?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Floating window

I've had something quite similar.
It appears that when you copy screens etc, the screen handle of the copied screen is referenced back to the original screen handle.

Could possibly be the same with your screens.

Shaun
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hans,
I don't konw if this is a same problem like we had. Our situation was that the parent window had a grid that was "active" and the foating screen controls wasn't responding properly. It worked fine under the debugger as you described. Our fix was to disable the grid before showing the floating window.
I hope this help!

Chin
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shaun,

All my screens refer to 'Form1-handle'.

On the main form there are several buttons that call other floating windows and everything is ok. It's just that one form that doesn't close.

I even made a new program, just copying the grid on that form plus the events but no luck.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.