Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Floating windows

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 23 February 2006]

I want to do the following :

Program A - initial program - calls Program B - floating window.
Is there a way to let Program B to be able to have the minimized-icon available ?

If not, how to accomplish this ?
Program A is a password screen and gives a linkage to Program B that is the menu program, calling all other programs.

So if a user press Esc on Program B, the password program has to be visible again.

All works fine, just that users want to be able to minimize the menu program.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Floating windows

Found it ...

Program A
Auto Minimize : True
Auto Resize : False
Modeless : False
Window Type : Initial

Program B
Auto Minimize : True
Auto Resize : False
Modeless : False
Window Type : Independent
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Floating windows

Hans

I have a login program with its Window Type set to "Independent". It checks the user name and password and sets a flag to say if the password is OK or not. It continues normally by destroying the login window and before exiting the program if the password is ok it calls the main menu program passing variables in linkage section.

The main menu program Window Type is also set to "Independent". Because the login window is destroyed, the main menu window now becomes the parent window. It also has the minimised button available.

Login program logic

Init-Login
Accept Login-Window
Validate-User-Password
Destroy Login-Window
If Password-OK
Call "main-menu" using linkage-vars
End-If
Exit Program

I hope this helps.

SR
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.