Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Font Clipping in WindowsXP

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 27 January 2004]

We have a Thin Client App that runs and displays just fine on a Windows 200 platfoirm. When I run the same application using acuthin from my Windows XP Dell Latitude the fonts are clipped. The title bar has the line "Financial Assistance Main Menu" The Title is entered as one line. On the W2000 machine the title displays just fine on one line. On the XP machine the line is wrapped after the word Main and the word Menu is clipped so only the top of each letter appears. Also on this menu there is a line that states 2. View, Modify, or Delete an Applicant. On the W2000 machine this displays just fine but on the XP machine this line has the word Applicant cut oof and can't be seen.
Has anyone seen this before?
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Font Clipping in WindowsXP

I just got an email from AcuCorp stating that XP is not supported in 5.2. It seems that we are using 5.2 compiler and the 6.0 thin client and runtime. Everything else works fine on the app but the fonts.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Originally posted by jboris
I just got an email from AcuCorp stating that XP is not supported in 5.2. It seems that we are using 5.2 compiler and the 6.0 thin client and runtime. Everything else works fine on the app but the fonts.

If some of your users still require an older 5.2 runtime, then perhaps you could try using the 6.0 compiler with the -C52 or -C51 compatability switch allowing the object code to run with both 6.0 and 5.2 runtimes. Worth seeing if this takes care of the font problem with the thin-client.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Originally posted by jboris
We have a Thin Client App that runs and displays just fine on a Windows 200 platfoirm. When I run the same application using acuthin from my Windows XP Dell Latitude the fonts are clipped.

Any chance you can post a screen shot?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I would post it but I am not sure how to get it into the message. I don't have a web site to serve up the picture. I am going to attach it and see if that gets here.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am trying again to attach the bitmap:confused:
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you are unsuccesful adding the bitmap, I suggest you check with Tech Support.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.