Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] GRID - adding controls to cells

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 12 December 2005]

I thought we were able to add check-boxes, combo-boxes, etc to grids; however, I do not find any samples or documentation on it. All I found was the ability to add a bitmap and capture click events on the bitmap.

What I need is a way to capture a double click or put a check box in a cell to use as a toggle for one of my entry fields in the grid.

A combo-box would be nice too on some of my other fields.

Any ideas ?

Patty
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] GRID - adding controls to cells

😞 you said it: Just to an image and a click ahead (or Double).

No Controls into Controls. AcuCobol is limitated to do that kind of things.

You depend on your imagination.

Regards - CB52
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I created a bitmap strip with 2 bitmaps. One bitmap looks like a checked check-box and one is unchecked. Then I used the msg-bitmap-clicked to change my data and change the bitmap. I looks like the cell has a check-box, but it really doesn't.

If the user types something in that field, I set the event-action-fail so it will act like a check box.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you need more flexibility within grids, use a third party Active-X or .NET grid control.

Rob
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I found that problem some weeks ago, what i do is to create a mini-window with a listbox under the exact cell in certain columns when begin-entry occurs, of course filling the listbox with the values that can be used in that cell. It looks like a combo box (you must to take care of the vscroll and hscroll pos values to get the mini-window in the exact cell)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.