Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Grid Control Wrun32.exe error

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 13 October 2003]

Searched the forum and the knowledgeable section and was not able to find a solution to this error. Has anyone encountered the following problem and is there a resolution for this? I have 4.3.1 version and will be in the process of upgrading to 6.0 in the next month or two.

My user received a "wrun32.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows" type error while doing data entry in grid control (she has yet to save it and there is data in the grid contol) and tries to open an application like Excel or similar application. Why does this happen and is this related to msg-event or what? Any help will be appreciated.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Grid Control Wrun32.exe error

It is extremely difficult, if not impossible to answer such a question without a code sample. There are numerous possibilities that can be the cause. I would first of all suggest you try it again with 6.0.0, if it reproduces and/or you cannot wait to order 6.0.0 I would say it is a case for Tech support. At any rate, you will be best of trying to minimize the code reproducing the problem as much as possible.

If I should do a shot in the dark, most MAV/GPFs comes from "lost" handles, that is memory that has been allocated by W$FONT, W$MENU, W$BITMAP, C$MALLOC as these require you to clean up yourself, that is; The runtime will not automatically manage these resources for you. This for the simple reason they are considered global resources.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Grid Control Wrun32.exe error

Something else to keep in mind is that a grid is a 32 bit control. When it first came out, we wrote an application for it, but so many of our clients still had 16 bit machines back then, we went back to a paged list box and entry fields to fill it until this past year. We required everyone that upgraded to our newer software version to have all 32 bit machines and are using the grids. See if your client is running on an older 16 bit machine that is causing the error. Of course, this is only one of many, many possible causes for the problem, as stated in the other reply.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.