Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Former Member Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Grid control entry field editing

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 30 July 2008]

I have registered to the forum but am not able to post anything yet. I am waiting for the administrator to give me this right. In the meantime could you post the following question?

I want to use an Acubench grid control to enter transactions. Basically there are 4 visible columns and 13 rows. Row 1 being a header row.

Since the AcuBench help manuals indicate that each cell provides all function key feature of an entry field, I made the assumption that I would get all event procedure of an entry field as well. Apparently this is not so.

I have 2 questions. *

1. I would like to edit whatever the user types in the first column cells as s/he types it. In an entry field, I used the Ntf-Changed event. I am reformatting an account number to use ?-? between segments, e.g., the user type ?00? and now the entry field shows ?00-? with the cursor positioned after the ?-? ready to accept the next character. Thus the user enters digits ?000011234000? and sees ?00-001-1234-000?. Does anyone have any idea on how to go back to the COBOL after each key is pressed in a grid cell?

2. Does anyone know how to reposition the cursor in the cell after the added ?-? without highlighting the whole entry, as this would delete whatever was entered? This is done using the CURSOR property in an entry field.

In other word I am trying to simulate the Ntf-Changed event and CURSOR property of an entry field in a grid cell.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.