Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] HUGE vision files

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 22 March 2004]

hi everybody.

my issue is quite simple: how can i rely on very huge Vision files ?

My customer has 120 million invoice rows registration per year. The invoice row record is 900 bytes, the file has 4 alternate keys.

Customer does not like DBmaker solution because it is too slow compared with vision files.

Can i put 120 million rows on a Vision Table and still have a peaceful sleep at night ? Have you ever experienced such data bulk on Vision ? Could you suggest me which Vision version is more reliable ?

thanks in advance to everyone !
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] HUGE vision files

Go check out the success story of ANZ-IT on http://www.acucorp.com/company/success/pfds/ANZ-IT.pdf

The story doesn't tell the exact amount of records they have in their vision files, but I remember it is a significant amount. I suppose if you contact your tech support, they can find more information about it for you.

You will also find their story in the latest edition of Acucorp newsletter.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.