Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Help with calling dll

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 24 April 2009]

This is my first time to try and call a dll from a cobol program. Thanks for any help. The documentation for the dll is attached. I have tried several different formats but can't get anything to work, would someone be willing to show me some code that I can start with.

Thanks,
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Help with calling dll

I had a quick look at the documentation, and I think you can do this. However, we need to know what to populate the elements in the variant array. Would be good if you had a vb example of how to do this.

Having said this, are you sure this is a DLL function?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Whatever other problems you may have, nothing will work if you do not have the correct value in: SET ENVIRONMENT "DLL-CONVENTION" TO "0" (or to "1")
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Another little tip, if you are certain everything is being called properly and you have all the data correct. You could try replacing trailing spaces with low-values ont he data being passed. Some api and dll calls seem to need the low values go figure.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.