Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] How to find the application Associated to an Extension

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 02 April 2004]

Hello ...

I think that it is possible to know which is the application associated to an extension (ie Iexplore to Html / Xml / ... or Wordpad to txt / ini / ...) ( In fact I am sure to have read this somewhere before) ... but I can find it ... does someone have noted this ?

Thank you
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] How to find the application Associated to an Extension

Hello mcapisani

Try search for "FindExecutable".
Maybe this is what you are looking for.

Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Grazzi? mille... DAVIDE

It works fine with most of documents XLS, .... but it does not work with my WORD97 .. The status bar of Wor97 display opening file1.doc then file1.doc 3 caracteres ... then the file is closed. ( not word )
Is there something that I have to do ... ?

Thank you..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you are just trying to open a file using the appropriate Windows application, we've accomplished this by just calling C$SYSTEM using "start" and the filename. The "start" makes it work like it would from the run command option under the start menu. We've experienced no problems using this method as well.

Rob
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.