Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Former Member Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] I$IO and file handles

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 16 February 2008]

I would like to use the I$IO routines as part of a generalized DECLARATIVES procedure, specifically for handling locking. What I'd like is for the declarative procedure to get control when a locked record is read, then handle waiting for the lock to be released. The wait would be done by re-trying the read some number of times, with a delay between each attempt. The problem is the read in the declarative procedure. Use of the I$IO routines occurred to me, but I don't know how to get the handle that I need, since the program uses standard OPEN/CLOSE/READ statements.

Is there a way to convert the OS handle that I can get by passing the open file to a subroutine to the POINTER/handle that the I$IO routines expect?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.