Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] IE8 and WebThin

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 07 October 2009]

Hello everyone,
we're facing this issue:
on an html page we used the OBJECT tag to address an acuthinax722.cab we'd to rebuild due to the fact it was removed from Acu site, moreover we'd to rebuild pointing to a mcf71.cab positioned on our website 'cos the original acu cab pointed to Acu site for installing mfc71.
Now some client machines were updated to a clean XPPro+IE8 installation and when they try to reconnect to applications via Web thin, even if we strenghten down security settings in IE8 and even if we run as administrator using right click on IE8 and "run as.." we face this behaviour:
Acutinax722.cab is downloaded into a temporary folder, IE8 asks if we want install and than...everything finished without no more messages. No component is added to IE8 nor to the system installed applications.
Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance Gio.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] IE8 and WebThin

Does the same behavior apply to other ActiveX installations too, like Adobe pdf reader for instance?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

seems not the same behaviour
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ah! I missed this:
"to address an acuthinax722.cab we'd to rebuild"

When you rebuild the cabinet file, the digital signature goes away. To get back to the same behavior, you will have to digitally sign your new cabinet file.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, I tyried to sign the new cab, but I think my certificate is too "weak", I used makecert + cert2spc + pvk2pfx to create a self certificate, than I installed it on my trusted autority in my pc, than used signtool to sign cabinet: if I verify the cab qith the /pa option it works I got no error, but if I exclude option certificate "is not valid for the requested usage".
Any suggestion where to find documentation to build a better certificate?
TIA Gio.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You have to buy one. You can get one here: http://www.verisign.com/
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.