Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] IQ report writer software

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 16 August 2005]

I wondered if anyone had experience with using the IQ Report Writer software with Vision files. If so, could you share with me the version of the Vision files that you accessed and what drivers were used?

Also, if possible, could anyone share their experiences with me if they have moved off of the IQ Report Writer software? What other alternatives exist for being able to provide this type of Report Writing capabilities with VISION data?

Thanks!
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] IQ report writer software

We used to use the IQ (Intelligent Query) Report Writer with our Vision version 3 files. I believe IQ version 3 was the last one we used also, and the drivers were supplied with the software. Let me warn you though, while IQ had an excellent support team, the product has been acquired a few times by different companies, and last time we tried (CA?) we had trouble finding someone there who had heard of the product, let alone supported it.

We migrated off IQ some years ago to a product from Transoft called U/SQL, which worked nicely for us, although it was difficult to set up and configure. If I were doing it right now, I would use the AcuODBC product, which was in early stages of development when we migrated. We tried AcuODBC out last year, and it worked great and was much easier to set up.

Bottom line is, if you use an ODBC product as your middleware to Vision files, the user can access the data in their favorite ODBC-compliant software.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.