Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] In a grid make a column invisible

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 25 March 2003]

I try to make a column invisible or two column invisible in the same grid i try in the grid-display to give the same address has the last column but this is not working. if somebody have great idea it will be appreciate.

Thank you!
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] In a grid make a column invisible

hi,
as far as I know, there is no way to make a column "invisible".
Instead you can use the HIDDEN-DATA property to store your "invisible" data
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] In a grid make a column invisible

The other option besides HIDDEN-DATA is to make the VIRTUAL-WIDTH of the Grid smaller than the length of the data-item in the grid. This would allow visual truncation of data past the last column. The only advantage to this over HIDDEN-DATA is the programming is a bit simpler because you can move and inquire to the same data item without extra coding to set and inquire the hidden-data.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.