Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] In a window environment

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 11 February 2003]

I am searching a way to get the area phone number?
exemple
the user enter 569-1234 and the pc have the area code 450
i wan't to be able to inquire window area and string the area code
that will give (450) 569-1234
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] In a window environment

I am not sure what you are asking here. If you think of the area code in which the computer runs, your best bet would be to have the user enter it, as far as I know there are no such service available, not for Windows not for anything else. The best bet would have been if there was a service provided by the telephone company in your area, but then you would have to have the number there.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On my windows/2000 machine, I can find the area code, etc in the registry by running regedit and following HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Microsoft -> WIndows -> currentVersion -> Telephony -> Locations -> Location1 -> AreaCode.

I imagine it is also available on other versions of windows using that or a similar key.

There are some Registry routines in the Library routines which could probably access these values.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Note however that this information is most likely not available on desktop computers in a network. The area code entry is common in conjunction with setting up a dial in network connection and as most desktop computers in the business area use local networks, it might not be anything there.
I am not saying that you shouldn't look up the registry, it is in fact a great idea, just wanted to notify you of its limitation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This is great !

it is sure it with very helpfull to know which program outlook used to format his number!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.