Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Insert file into Excel

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 02 March 2006]

Hi,

Using ActiveX I want to insert a csv-file into an excisting Excel-document on a specific cell.
I saw I can use the InsertFile command, but don't know how exactly to use this command. Does someone have the right statement for this command?

Thanks.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Insert file into Excel

hmmm you will start at a specific cell - dont think that you can put a complete csv in a single cell 😉

If so:
http://www.acucorp.com/support/supported/customer_forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=716

you have to change this line:

inquire xls-sheet @CELLS::ITEM(1, "A") xls-range.

here you can define in which cell the import should be start...

or would you insert it as an object in a specific cell?

David
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Insert file into Excel

Just a question;

This csv file, is that something you make yourself, in that case, if you want to use COM to tell Excel to read the file, why don't you use COM to feed the cell data directly?

Note: SAFEARRAY is gold for such.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.