Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Inside AcuCobol: Who's Running What

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 08 May 2007]

Hi,

I am using AcuCobol GT 7.2.0 and would like to know, if there is any way, I can ascertain who is running what programs on the system at any moment?

We use Citrix here to drive the AcuCobol environment and everyone shows up as WRUN32, which is the proper runtime to windows. But within the WRUN32 can I find out what Acucobol program is currently active for each and every user?

Thanks
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Inside AcuCobol: Who's Running What

The Windows terminal server API provides you functions to enumerate remote users and processes. These can be used to determine what users.
There is however no such thing to identify the program. If you want to do that, you will have to put a code, for instance PG001 in the Windows title, this can be achieved by enumerating the process Windows' and then inquiring for each window title.
All of this, of course provided that you have sufficient privileges.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

G...

We have a Windows Server appl series of pgms, where there are situations in testing when batch jobs running a series of various called sub-programs, may run into a bug, that causes the process-wrun32 to loop, and the job has to be killed.

Is there any way at the time the wru32 is killed or shutdown, whereby at Prog End we can get into a declarative procedure and write out to a syserr, event viewer, or other log file some where the name of the last or current program, or better yet the stack of called programs.

Any suggestions how to capture the name of the last pgm running, so we could have a trail back to the unique pgm that was looping. thx...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I figure you may be able to use the CBL_ERROR_PROC (see library routines in the documentation for details) and/or the ABEND diagnostic report facility (see chapter 3.1.9, debugger and utilities) for this. Give it a shot.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Might depend on quite what you're looking for.

For instance, from the DOS prompt:

TLIST /v | find /i "wrun32"

should show you the username and window-title for running WRUN32s.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

TLIST is from what OS???

Pete
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hmmm..

Make that

TASKLIST /v|find /i "wrun32"

TLIST was provided with NT+ and replaced by TASKLIST in XP.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.