Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Installing XDBC on a 64 bits OS

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 29 November 2010]

Good day,

I'm trying to install an xdbc in a windows 2007 server 64 bits and when it's done, i see that in my system i have two ODBC administrator panels, one in "c:\system32\odbcad32.exe" (default panel accesible from windows control panel with default odbc drivers) and another in "c:\windows\sysWOW64\odbcad32.exe" (where is installed XDBC driver and this panel can only be accesible from acucorp xdbc group of links).

The real problem is some applications dont recognize the dns registered in this second ODBC panel created after install the XDBC driver.

?Someone with the same problem?

Thanks afterwards
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Installing XDBC on a 64 bits OS

Yes, the Acu XDBC driver is a 32 bit driver. Micro Focus is working on creating a 64 bit Acu XDBC driver, but that won't be out until later in 2011
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the answer. I read in another post that xdbc is only in 32 bits, but then... why it doesn't install on system32 generating another control panel for ODBC data origins?

Anyway, thanks for the XDBC 64 bits launch data.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Dilbert originally wrote:
Yes, the Acu XDBC driver is a 32 bit driver. Micro Focus is working on creating a 64 bit Acu XDBC driver, but that won't be out until later in 2011

Hi, is there any update on this? We would desperately like to get the XDBC driver working with SQL 2008 in a 64 bit environment.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.