Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Interacting with a Scanner application

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 14 March 2003]

I would like to be able to interact with a scanner from an acucobol program using active-x, dll, etc. In short what I would like is have my program allow the scanning in of a document and then let the operator enter key words, location, file name so this information could be captured to a field and then later searched and retrieved and the document displayed to the screen via a call from another acucobol program. In summary, a simplied imaging application. I have an equipment management program and I would like to give the operator the opportunity to scan in repair work orders, etc and associate them with a given piece of equipment.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.