Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Keyboard Remap

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 02 May 2007]

Hi,

I am interested in finding a way to remap a particular Key to perform a function of another key. On my old system, we use to map the '+' character on the keypad to act like the TAB key. I wish to reproduce that function in Acucobol but I am having difficulty achieving this.

Is anyone familiar on how to remap this key and point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Keyboard Remap

Hi,
take a look to Acu User's Guide manual at chapter 4.3.2 I think You've to use the KEYSTROKE configuration variable to remap keys.
Hope this helps. bye Giovanni.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I've been through that chapter and still stuck. Just not 100% sure that it can be pulled off through those settings. If I cannot do it there. i need to find a software that I could load to remap keys ontop of AcuCobol.

Pete
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

After a little research, I regret to inform you that it is not possible to reconfigure the "+" key on the numeric keypad (on the right side of the keyboard). Acu can only able to reconfigure special keys on the keyboard, which include the Function keys and arrow keys.

While it is not possible to assign an exception value to "+" key on the numeric keypad, it is possible to assign an exception to the "+" key on the regular keyboard. To accomplish this, recommend using the KEYSTROKE variable to assign an exception using its ASCII value (43), something like:

set environment "KEYSTROKE" to "exception=302 43".
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Drat... was hoping that would have worked.

I guess I will have to go one level higher and try to do it at the Windows level.

Thanks Dilbert for your research and info. I appreciate the help!

Pete in Montreal
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.