Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Larger font in message box?

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 08 January 2008]

I'd like to display a larger font in the message box (maybe even in a different color). Obviously, we can't do that with the Acucorp DISPLAY MESSAGE BOX syntax.

Has anyone out there done this by calling the Windows API? Anyone want to share? Thanks!:confused:
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Larger font in message box?

The MESSAGE BOX is using the standard message box as provided by the Windows API, if you want to enlarge this font, you will have to alter the system defaults (right click the desktop, choose properties, go to the Appearance tab, click Advanced, in the Item listbox, choose Message Box, then you can change the font.
Obviously, this will also change the font for anyone else using this, so I really would not recommend doing this.
It is better then, to write your own message box.

(Btw Marilyn, I think you should change your signature :-))
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Marilyn,

We create our own window and place text (and possibly other things) upon that window instead of using the message box, as Gisle suggested.

Rob
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yup, that's what I did. Thank you very much, Rob. Hope you're doing well.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yup, That's what I did. Thank you, Rob and Gisle!

I changed my signature, too. Ahhh, life on the other side is good.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

> Ahhh, life on the other side is good.

Don't you get any ideas now! 🙂
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.