Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Layer control in the screen design tool

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 24 September 2008]

I am not sure if this is an active thread any longer or if it is used by anyone at Acu or MicroFocus, but I thought I'd toss out my 2 cents on something I'd like to see in the next AcuBench version.

I would like to see layer control for the screen development tool. This would allow users to turn off or on layers for easier development of screens, especially complex ones. It would remove the need to continuously send items to the back, which I think still updates the tab as well.

This would also allow development grouping of controls into functions such as key areas or other groups unique to a screen or system.

I did not originally intend for this to have any usable functions in the applications run, since there are fields like the visible variable that serve the same purpose, however, I could see the ability to enable/disable or even turn on/off visibility of a layer.

The real intent though it to assist in developing screens that may have many controls on it, many times with controls on top of other controls. The ability to hide a layer will allow access to controls that are normally not easily selected from the development area.

Anyway, it's just my 2 cents and may or may not be useful, possible or wanted by others.

Mike
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Layer control in the screen design tool

We read you loud and clear Mike. I have forwarded the request to the appropriate person!

Thank you for your contribution. 🙂

Gisle
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.