Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Loading and exiting the run time

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 06 January 2006]

On the old DOS acucobol system we had, the runtime was loaded via a batch file which also sets a large number of parameters. With the windows version 7 this causes a window running the batch file to show, plus the acucobol runtime window - is there any way of getting the runtime loaded without this double window effect?

Also a minor but annoying point - I do not seem to be able to get the initial window to show the 'window' exit icon on the top right even though the phrase system menu is used - is there a reason for this?

Keith
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Loading and exiting the run time

We had the same problem with the DOS-Window. The window is still shown in the background and you can't start another programm during the time the startet Programm is running.

I have written a cobol programm which i start without a batch-file.
"M:\ACUCBL32\BIN\wrun32.exe -c M:\muffrohr\acu\screenst\cblconfi M:\muffrohr\acu\obj\musoft"

In this programm i have a single field... over this i can start my batch-files.

call "C$SYSTEM" using batchfile, 97 end-call.

With ,97 i declare that the DOS-Window from the batch-file is hidden.

David
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

In your batch file try putting the start command before the wrun32.exe. The DOS window should disappear quickly leaving the wrun32 process running.

e.g.

START wrun32.exe PROG.acu
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Perfect! Thank you for that Richard.
Keith
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.