Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Localization Problem

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 22 November 2005]

Is there a way to set the handle of a label or an entry field via the property settings in the screen developer?

I need a simple way to pick up a variable that can be one of several languages. I find that I can add an invisible label to a screen with a title in the language for that screen and

"INQUIRE SCREEN1-LA-1 TITLE IN TITLE-VARIABLE"

gets the desired variable. But since I must have different control names if I have multiple screens in various languages for the same program my idea was to have the various sets of control names use the same handle.

Using the "additional properties" i.e. "HANDLE IS SCREEN1-LA-1-HANDLE" with "SCREEN1-LA-1-HANDLE" coded as "USAGE IS HANDLE OF LABEL" gets the phrase "HANDLE IS SCREEN1-LA-1-HANDLE" in the screen source but generates a "USAGE MUST BE DISPLAY" error message for "SCREEN1-LA-1-HANDLE".

??????

Vins Nash
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Localization Problem

Worked out a solution. The controls on the different screens have to have unique names but can use the same ID. So you can "SET CONTROL-HANDLE TO HANDLE OF ID N"

That gives a common handle for the sets of controls that can be used in language neutral modify/inquire statements.

Vins Nash
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.