Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Locked files

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 03 November 2010]

Has anyone experienced the following:
Programme opens a sequential file as output, writes to the file, closes the file, opens it as input, read from it, closes it and then opens again as output.
Fails with 93-code, that the file is locked.
This happen in version 8.1.2 and 8.1.3.
Works fine in 8.0.0 and 8.1.0 !!

Using Windows XP, so this is not connected to the problems with Vista and oplocks.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Locked files

No
But if you can reproduce then download an explorer add-on called WhoLockMe to see whats holding the lock on the file
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Has anyone experienced the following:
Programme opens a sequential file as output, writes to the file, closes the file, opens it as input, read from it, closes it and then opens again as output.
Fails with 93-code, that the file is locked.
This happen in version 8.1.2 and 8.1.3.
Works fine in 8.0.0 and 8.1.0 !!

Using Windows XP, so this is not connected to the problems with Vista and oplocks.

I am using Windows XP as well.version 6.11.

I open a sequential file as output, closes the file(so I create a empty new file);opens it as i-o, writes to the file, close it.

Occasionally, it fails with 93-code(file locked).

I suspect acuCOBOL send command to OS to create a new file and continue to run next statement such as close file, open file as i-o...,but the OS is slow and still doing the create new file work and locked the file.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shaun: OK, tried that, but by the time I started WhoLockMe the file was not locked anymore!
Littlelittle: Sounds like a similar problem. With 8.1.2 and 8.1.3 it fails ALMOST every time.
I have tried to put in a c$sleep, just to test, but it didn't seem to help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Have you tries using "ISOLATE_FILE_CREATES 1" in the config file? Not really sure whether it would help, but it might be worth a try.

Nigel
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.