Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] MSCHART 6.0 Cannot use certain chartTypes(i.e Horizontal Bars)

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 18 November 2005]

Hello from Greece,
I am trying to use certain chart types but the acubench keeps showing an "Invalid property Value" when i select some of them.
I have put the chart in my form and i am altering from the misc properties the @chartType property. Right now i can work
with siple bar and line charts, but i will need some of the more advanced type in the future

Has anyone else observed this behaviour?
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] MSCHART 6.0 Cannot use certain chartTypes(i.e Horizontal Bars)

Would have been nice if you could post the particular code. Not the whole program, but those lines who cause the problem.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am not doing anything with code.

In a new program i create a form, i select from the activeX collection the MSCHART control. I put my control in the form and
from the properties Window (In categorized view) i select in the
Misc -> @chartType and change it from the default
1: vtChChartType2dBar

to

11: vtChChartType2dHorizontalBar

The acubench pops an error "Invalid property Value"

and returns the value to 1: vtChChartType2dBar.

Could it be a problem with my ocx? I copied and used the one from the 6.2 CD. As i stated before i have already successfully created a simple line chart with a simple program. But when i try the horizontal bars i get this message.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I recall a similar problem when working with the Chart control in the past. I don't use AcuBench, but when I tried to set the chart type to a certain property without certain other properties set correctly, I would get that error.

So, in short, my guess is that in order to use that chart type, other properties must be set first in order to make it valid. I had a problem with the pie chart when I was doing this.

Hope this helps.

Rob
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you guys for your help.
I hope Rob is right and i will find a solution after
combining properties.
If im lucky i will post for future users with the same problem.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How did you finally fix this problem? I'm having something similar, in that I can't use the 3d pie chart, but can use the 2d pie chart. I get the properties error you were getting. thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.