Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Mapping Ctrl-Tab Key

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 25 March 2004]

I want to use Ctrl-Tab key to move to the next page of the Tab Control. Is there any way of mapping Ctrl-Tab key to provide me with an Exception value? I can't seem to find the key code for Ctrl-Tab in the help. Or Is there another way that I can accomplish the task?

Thanks.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Mapping Ctrl-Tab Key

I don't have an answer but IMHO, the tab control should handle this automatically (it doesn't but it should). When I write a program in VB or C++/MFC, this just works.

Likewise, an entry field with the auto-spin attribute should handle the up and down arrow keys for increasing/decreasing the value automatically.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This currently doesn't work because these keys are accelerators and the runtime does for the time being not forward accelerators to ActiveX. You would see it work if the component had the focus, but unfortunately a tab page of course is a component style that never receives focus.
We do have an enhancement request for this, perhaps it will show in a coming version.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you both for your reply. I didn't make it clear that I am using native AcuGT Tab Control and not an ActiveX Control. I was hoping that I would be able to trap or program Ctrl-Tab key to display the next logical tab.....
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.