Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Mask for entry field (for non significant zeroes)

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 07 May 2004]

Because I don't want to see or entry the for non significant zeroes, Is there a solution to apply a mask for an entry field.

Example :

01 COST-FIELD PIC 9(02)V9(05).

Move 17,23 TO COST-FIELD

I don't want to see 17,23000 in my entry-field.
And, for exemaple, in the edited-picture property, I can't apply a mask Z9,99ZZZ.

I would like too, be able to entry only 17,540 in this same field even if his picture is 9(02)V9(05) and see 17,54 on the screen.

Even if my english is not acad?mic, I hope to be sufficiently clear to be understood ...

Thank you ...

🙂
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Mask for entry field (for non significant zeroes)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Mask for entry field (for non significant zeroes)

Thank you for your response.

But ... I have ommited to specify that It was concerning the d?cimal .

I have tried to use the additionall property or like the sample a working with numeric-edited picture... but I think that it is more a acugt impossibility.
I mean that I don't knows how to display a data with a mask that could be PIC ZZ9,999ZZ so that :

17,4 gives 17,400
17,43 gives 17,430
17,4301 gives 17,4301

Hum ?

but I am searching ...

Ciao
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.