Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Merging data to WORD

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 15 March 2004]

I have been trying to merge records crested in ACUCOBOL to a WORD document and print it for quite some time. I can create the header record (and actually view it) but the program terminates when I try to do the actual merge with the follwoing error message: This method or property is not available because the current mail merge main document needs a data source.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Merging data to WORD

Obviously you haven't set up a datasource document.
If you look around the forums here, you should find a complete example of how to merge data from ACUCOBOL-GT into a word document.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you. I see my mistake. I was trying to use the merge to document like I do when merging from Access. I have an existing document. The example I got when I attended your class merges data into a blank document. How do I merge the data into an existing document, like on line 10 col 15, 30, and 50? I looked for the example referenced in another forum session but could not find one.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Just the same. Your existing document that substitutes as the mailmerge target must have mailmerge fields adequate to your datasource in the positions you want.

This so the mailmerge object will know where to put the data.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.