Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Message Box - Type 4

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 11 April 2010]

Ok guys simple one (I think).....

We have a message box - type 4 (Yes, No, Cancel), the issue is the Yes and No have short-cut keys (Y and N) that can be pressed but the Cancel does not. I know that I could build my own but I was just wondering if there was a quick way to add the short-cut for the Cancel button?

Thanks
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Message Box - Type 4

I don't think there is a Windows standard for Cancel. I am not sure why, but my .02 is that this is because Cancel is an action thought to be an exception, thus there are no short cut to make sure it is a deliberate action when you select it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I believe the Escape key activates the Cancel button - at least it does in a test I just did.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks guys ESC worked great.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.