Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Message box behaviour

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 30 December 2004]

Oh, another thing:
i'm getting some strange behaviour from using (modal) message boxes and changing focus between windows in my "thread-based" application. I sometimes loose control of the program that owns the message box when shifting focus when the message box is displayed. This does not happen when using modal floating windows (for something similar). All my windows are bound to thread, are message boxes (which are windows) also bound to thread? This behaviour is not a big problem, just a bit strange. Any ideas?

Happy new year to you all!
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Message box behaviour

What you describe is not an easy thing to solve. Window events in acucobol are limited. Acucorp really should allow all windows events to come through and allow us to handle them. Even better would be to allow us to list the event messages we want handled and supress the rest. This would help improve acuthin performance.

What I would really like Acucorp to do is add MDI(Multiple Document Interface) and TDI(Tabbed Document Interface) windowing capabilities into the runtime. This would make the window handling for document centric applications much easiar.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.