Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Missing application icon in Windows 7

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 13 October 2009]

Hello!

During test on Windows 7, we experienced a problem with missing icon for our program.

We specify the path to the icon in the config file like this:

ICON c:\jobb\Etc\contracting.ICO

On all prior Windows versions, this works correct. When installing to a pc with Windows 7 Professional, the Icon was missing. This is for desktop icon, and for the icon showing on the task bar. But, when we have several windows open in our system, they are stacked at the task bar and showed as one task. When clicking on this icon (showing a blank sheet, as our correct is missing), the list of windows are showed. This list shows correct icons. I can come up with a screen dump if necessary.

Is this a known error, or is it something we are missing here?

Best regards
Dag L?nh?iden
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Missing application icon in Windows 7

I'm running V8.0 on windows 7 enterprise edition - icons are ok for me
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We run AcuCobol runtime version 8.1.0
I will get my colleque to test 8.0

Regards
Dagl
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We have now found the problem om my colleques pc. He had not set up the icon on the desktop correctly.....

Case closed!

Regards Dagl
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.