Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Modifying DWORD Registry entry

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 29 June 2009]

Anyone know the proper COBOL syntax for modifying a DWORD registry entry? I want to change the value from a "4" to a "2" and I keep getting garbage in there. I've tried several techniques which yield different results and was hoping perhaps someone had done this.

Thanks in advance.

Rob
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Modifying DWORD Registry entry

I don't have an example at hand, but I can certainly help you find your problem.
Should be good to have a starting point, any small example of how you go about?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Modifying DWORD Registry entry

I actually went about resolving this problem a different way and don't even have my original code that I started with. I think my problem had to do with how I defined my field and perhaps the size that I was using. I wasn't sure if I needed to use a hexadecimal number when using the routine or not. Thanks for the offer as always.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.