Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Former Member Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Modifying sceen VISIBLE TRUE/FALSE

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 09 November 2006]

Hi,

OK, we have a program in our application which has the ability to allow a user to click a button using an event procedure, it uses event because I don't want the after procedure to trigger etc.

Now, because we make use of multi threading, this button pushing has the potential to allow the user to be in another program, but get back to the start and press the same button again.

If upon pressing the button I modify the screen's VISIBLE control to FALSE, then when he eventually realizes that he has to close something down to get back modify it back to TRUE is it likely to cause me any grief.

It seems to work a treat, but does the modifying cause lots of network traffic etc?

I also do it in another place in the same program which does indeed tidy things up greatly from the users graphical view of what they can see.

Thanks,

Shaun
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.