Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Multiple windows handling

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 18 May 2005]

We're new with Acucobol and don't know all possibillity's.

I'm trying to write an application that handles multiple windows. I need a main application window, with a system/main menu.

From this menu I want to start different program's such as:
- maintainance customers
- entry orders
- etc

I like the application to work in the same way as AcuBench. (view the attached image). Acubench can start different windows at the same time and also minimize some of them. When I go to 'Windows' in the menu I get an overview from the open windows. And when I choose one, the window is restored.

My question: what techniques do I need to make our application in basic work like Acubench: start multiple functions, switch between them and have an overview in the main application window.

ps I've already tried threads/floating and independent windows, but it doesn't work well (maybe because we're new)

A basic example is always welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Stephan Boeder
The Netherlands
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Multiple windows handling

What you are asking for is known as MDI (Multiple Documents Interface), as of current this is not supported by ACUCOBOL-GT. You may however be able to code this manually, albeit I figure it will be difficult.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.