Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] .NET Controls

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 08 October 2008]

I am looking to implement some .NET controls into our application. We've had a lot of experience with ActiveX, but none with .NET controls. Does anyone have any pointers? Can anyone recommend a grid, chart, calendar, etc. that you've used in .NET with AcuCobol?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] .NET Controls

Hi Rob,

I'm evaluating SyncFusion controls here: http://www.syncfusion.com/products/windows/default.aspx

I'm not sure if I'll be using them directly in Acucobol-GT or stricly in .NET applications. To be honest, I need a refresher on how Acucobol-GT interfaces with .NET controls. I think it's more work than ActiveX and COM.
Will you be using Acucobol-GT version 8.1?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, Dan. We will probably be evaluating with 8.1 - yes. Honestly, I'm a little discouraged to try since I'm not getting many replies. I guess not too many people have ventured here yet?

Rob
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Has nobody implemented a .NET control using AcuCobol?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

We've made a planning control for rental orders and integrated it in Acucobol V8.00.

The control is made in .NET Framework 2.0. Integration is not more complex then integrating ActiveX controls in Acucobol.

One thing to take into account when developing your control is that you can only communicate with value types such as string/int/bool etc. And not with reference types like a ADO.NET DataTable, DataRow.

When you define your own events in .NET you can catch them in Acucobol for example to supply more specific data. In our case about the customer who rents an object.

We're in a testing phase in the integration process now.

Don't hesitate to ask additional questions about integration Acucobol <> .NET.

Regards Stephan Boeder
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.