Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Navigating around a grid

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 23 December 2002]

Is there any way to naviate around a grid.

I have a simple grid comprising of say 5 columns and 5 rows.

Afer having placed my cursor in the first row/column, when selecting tab I would like to either skip a cell and say go to column three or skip directly to the second row.

Apart from MSG-VALIDATE which (I think) is part of the entry mode event does anyone have any tricks regarding this.

TIA
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Navigating around a grid

You could assign an exception value to the tab and capture that value.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Have you set the Use Tab property for the grid to True. That should allow you to tab to the next cell and then to the next row.

Clay
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you want to skip a cell you will have to used
DISPLAY GRID,
POP-UP MENU POP-MENU(GRIDREC-IDX)
EVENT 201-EVENT THRU 201-EXIT

the pop-up menu used hit if you want to have a menu appear when you click the right bottom of the mouse

event 201-event thru 201-exit

his were you gone validate you message like goto cell in that you gone a have to modify grid-handle cursor-x x cursor-y y
201-EVENT.

EVALUATE EVENT-TYPE
WHEN MSG-VALIDATE
WHEN MSG-BEGIN-ENTRY
WHEN MSG-FINISH-ENTRY
WHEN MSG-CANCEL-ENTRY
WHEN MSG-GOTO-CELL
WHEN MSG-GOTO-CELL-MOUSE
WHEN MSG-MENU-INPUT
WHEN MSG-INIT-MENU
WHEN MSG-END-MENU
WHEN MSG-BITMAP-CLICKED
WHEN MSG-BITMAP-DBLCLICK
WHEN MSG-GOTO-CELL-DRAG
WHEN MSG-HEADING-DRAGGED
WHEN MSG-BEGIN-DRAG
WHEN MSG-END-DRAG
WHEN MSG-BEGIN-HEADING-DRAG
WHEN MSG-END-HEADING-DRAG

END-EVALUATE.

201-EXIT.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.