Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] New precompiler errors

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 19 August 2008]

Hi,
We're running AcuCobol 8.0 on a HP-UX 11.x system. Since we moved to our new hardware our COBOL program that was built in AcuBench won't compile.

The Error:
01 Screen1-Tb-1.
PCB-S-00400, Encountered the symbol "COBOL_DECLARATION" when expecting one of the following:

PROCEDURE_DIVISION REPLACE_STATEMENT COPY_STATEMENT
EXEC_ORACLE_OPTION EXEC_ORACLE_IFDEF EXEC_ORACLE_DEFINE
DECLARATIVE_SQL_STATEMENT/DIRECTIVE
EXEC_SQL_INCLUDE_DIRECTIVE

PCB-I-0556: Unrecoverable error. Fix previous errors and re-precompile

procob command:
procob MODE=ANSI CLOSE_ON_COMMIT=NO

Any ideas?

Thanks.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] New precompiler errors

I think we'll need some more information. Can you post a sample program that is not compiling with ProCobol?

Do you use SPECIAL-NAMES.
DECIMAL-POINT IS COMMA

AcuBench will usually make a COBOL program with many copybooks, have you genereated a single COBOL program without copybooks and see if that precompiles?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] New precompiler errors

Thanks for the reply.

I don't use SPECIAL-NAMES or DECIMAL-POINT IS COMA, and I've compiled over 200 programs that were not created by AcuBench without a problem.

The Error:
Error at line 831, column 8 in file grb005.cbl
01 Screen1-Tb-1.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.