Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Numeric Values in Grid Column

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 21 April 2006]

I have set up a grid with a column that needs only numeric data entered. I have set the picture of the column to 9(02) and the data type = P(02).

When the system accepts entry and saves the values I get a "1 " (numeric one and a space).

Can someone please tell me how to set up the grid so that only numerics can be entered and the leading zeros of a field is not removed?

Thanks
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Numeric Values in Grid Column

hi there !!!

try to move your cell value to a numeric field with conversion, like

MOVE CELL-DATA-VALUE TO FIELD-WS CONVERT

so if you have "'1 " in CELL-DATA-VALUE then you'll have 01 in FIELD-WS

CELL-DATA-VALUE must be x(??)
FIELD-WS must be 9(??) or 9(??)V9(??).

But, anyway, if your way to treat the grid isn't correct this help won't help. That's Logic !

Regards.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.