Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] OLE Automation with TIS2000 LT-Server?

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 14 September 2009]

I try to access the Labor Time Server of GM's TIS2000 system via the OLE interface.
I can access (create class, modify/inquire property) classes which holds properties, but the class holding all the methods I cannot create. The debug log says "No such interface is supported" (my translation of the danish text).

I'm new in the field of OLE, so it might be a trivial matter.

Pls. see the attached which holds a digest of program and .def files.

Hope for help.
Carsten
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] OLE Automation with TIS2000 LT-Server?

When interfacing an unknown control, it is always good to have an example at hand. Chances are, there are no example for COBOL, but there might be for another, vb or cpp for instance. Such an example could help a great deal.

Having said that, when I did a quick search, I suspect this is a late binding COM object from the little I see in your code. If this is the case I am sorry to say that you cannot use it with ACUCOBOL-GT beyond what you already have done.

But get us a small example in another language and we might be able to tell for sure.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

in the attached, you find an extract from the docs I have.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The extract you have provided show that this is late binding (using CreateDispatch), there is unfortunately no support for this in ACUCOBOL-GT at present. Sorry.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If we develop small interface programs between our cobol program and the LT-Server, what would you recommend, VB or C++?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.