Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Opacity Setting?

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 18 March 2008]

We have the need to highlight some items in a list box depending on one of the items in that list box. From what I can tell, in a list box control, I can't highlight a specific. I had thought of adding a different control like a frame, label or even bitmap to overlay those items that need highlighted, but then I need to make some sort of opacity adjustment as the listbox item must still show through.

Does anyone know if I can adjust individual list box line background or text colors? If not, does anyone know how to make any adjustments to the transparency value of any control (other than making some completely transparent)?

...or is my only option use of a grid, which my company stays away from since there is no grid control in true character screens.

thanks, Mike
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Opacity Setting?

I do not think this is possible with the current list box. There may be ActiveX controls that allow this but your constraint for character would not support this. You might consider the tree control as it is supported in the character environment and you could keep the items that you want highlighted as expanded in the tree.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.