Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Outlook process stays

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 18 August 2005]

Hi everyone,

I am working on an issue where the Outlook process stays active and won't go away.

If I simply send an e-mail via Outlook ActiveX, and Outlook isn't already running on the system, everything works okay, but the process remains active on the PC. In other words, if you look at the Task Manager in the processes tab, OUTLOOK.EXE appears. If you send multiple e-mails, it uses the same process, but I'd like to know how to make it go away.

After some research on the internet, I've noticed that this is a problem others have had, but I haven't found a way to make it work properly for me yet. Has anyone else run into this problem and figured out a way to resolve it?

I am destroying all of the handles I'm creating... all of the intermediate handles as well as the applicaiton handle...

Thanks,
Rob
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Outlook process stays

It is definitely your handles. Are you destroying them in the exact opposite order of allocating them? You should also close your connection before destroying the final Application object.

Remember that you will not be allowed to destroy a class if it has a subclass running which depends on it (for instance a folder item active, then you cannot destroy the folders collection).

For comparision, look at one of the example from the API class on this, and see if you can find a difference.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Outlook process stays

Thanks, Gisle. I thought I checked this out, but I'll do it again after a bit of time and it might glare out at me. You've at least given me confidence of where my problem is.

Rob
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.