Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] PDF File Format

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 01 December 2006]

We are looking for suggestions on creating a pdf file in Acucobol. We are using thin client on a Linux system with Windows Client systems.

What we need to do is combine a text report file like an invoice with a signature file received on the windows system into one file to be printed and stored and printed.

Anyone doing this or have any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

if you need to email me you can do so at milton@mcs-medical.com

Thanks
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] PDF File Format

There are a variety of pdf creation techniques available. I would suggest you look for one that is installable as a printer. Then, provided you do the printing from the thin client you can use win$printer to print the text and the image (I presume the fignature is an image) to that "printer" and it will become the .pdf document.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] PDF File Format

We use a product from Acro Software. I'm not sure if it would fit your needs or not, but this is the type of thing Gisle is referring to. It's very easy to use.

http://acrosoftware.com/Solutions/pdfwriter.asp

Rob
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.