Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Pass XML strings between cobol programs

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 27 August 2009]

Hi there,

We are new to Acucobol and XML. Is there a way to read a series of vision records and create an XML string (not file) that represents the vision records in an xml format ?

Hope someone can point us in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

J
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Pass XML strings between cobol programs

If you are running in a windows environment you can use the msxml.dll and make API calls to build an xml string. Create a MSXML50.DEF file and make calls to build the xml string. We are still at Acu version 6.1.0 so we had no other option, I think in 7.0 and higher you have more options with regards to xml.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Pass XML strings between cobol programs

Thanks for the response. We are currently experimenting with 8.1. I cannot see in the doco the ability to create XML strings but we can do XML files easily. I will continue to investigate and post back if I have any luck.

If anyone else has been able to create XML strings please give us a shout. Thank-you.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.