Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Passing printer settings to Word

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 09 May 2005]

Hi all,

I want to select some printer settings in my ACU program (like which printer, duplex printing, landscape printing, and some other settings), and then call Word using Active-X, and pass these settings to Word, so Word can print them to the correct printer and use the previous selected printer settings.
Does someone have a small example how to pass these settings to Word?

Thanx!
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Passing printer settings to Word

Have you checked the PrintOut method of the Application object?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

i have checked the printout method, but can't find how to pass the selection of which printer to print on.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ok, seems you have to set that with the ActivePrinter property. When you do this however, according to bug reports on MSDN it seems setting this one also changes the system default printer. Which means you should first inquire this one for its current value, store this, set your printer, then when finishing your print you set it back again.

I guess it might as well be an idea to make a test program to see that the printer names it anticipates corresponds to what you get from the WINPRINT opcodes.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.